TREC Approved Course #38226
Report Writing / Focusing on Legal CYA
We all like inspecting houses. It’s fun and challenging and we are really good at seeing things that most individuals can’t. The “show and tell” with clients is rewarding, and the appreciation they feel at the end of the process gives us real job satisfaction.
But, let’s be honest; most of us don’t get the same high from writing reports.
This course bridges the gap between technical knowledge and quality report writing. Learn the “Do's and Don'ts” of the TREC mandated report form and how to create a comprehensive inspection report that will deliver the true condition of the property to the client and reduce your liability without scaring everyone involved.
Your instructor will teach you how to identify and use appropriate report writing terminology and phraseology that stands up in court. Topics that we will cover.
Report writing is an essential element of the home inspection process and it is important that these reports accurately communicate the findings of a home inspection. A well-written report will result in satisfied customers, more referrals, and most importantly, will help keep the inspector out of court and ward off any potential lawsuits.
This course will teach home inspectors how to effectively write and communicate the findings of a home inspection in a written report. This course will help the home inspector in choosing the best report writing format, key words to use in the report, and how to protect the inspector from possible legal action.
The goal of this course is to teach the home inspector to write a comprehensive home inspection report according to the TREC standards and the inspector's observations.
- TREC Rules for the Standard Report Form "Do's and Don'ts'"
- TREC Standard Report
- Sample Reports that Violate TREC Standards
- Narrative Reports vs. Check Box Reports
- Report Generation (When and How)
- Sample Terminology and Phraseology Text "Words to use and NOT to use".
- List the Three Functions of a Report Narrative (Comment)
- List Ways Inspectors Can Avoid Lawsuits by Writing Great Inspection Reports.
- Legal Issues
- Report Formats
- Reporting Software (Choosing and Using)
- Report Writing Time
- Report Length
- Writing and Library Organization; and more!
Sign Up Today!
TREC Approved for 8 hours of CE